Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Picking up marbles with chopsticks

So I'm back in Greenwood for Thanksgiving break. I'm actually kind of excited. This is the first time I've really been excited about a break. Good sign? I think so. Kate drove me home, then once she left I spent the rest of the night talking with various family members. Dad got a new iPod--the one I want, actually. It is fantastic. Actually, the most fantastic part is the headphones he got. He got $100 Bose headphones that are THE BEST THINGS I'VE EVER LISTENED TO. I only listened to one song on his iPod ("And Your Bird Can Sing") and let me tell you, George and John's guitars have never before sounded so fucking amazing. Oh man. I'm still in awe.

Brittany called me today...imagine that. She was at the airport and bored. Oh well, at least I got to talk to her for a little while. And I might get to see her (and other friends, of course) this week. That would be exciting. Mostly, though, I'm looking forward to family time.

I've been in a pretty good mood the past couple days. I had a talk with Kate the other night that was kind of the verbal equivalent of a smack in the face. One of those "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER" sort of smacks. So I'm trying to get my shit together. Most of it is just about being myself all the time. I have this tendency to act different around different people. I don't know why I do it, but I'm trying to stop. And you know what? It's crazy fun.

Anyway, that's about it. Thumbs up for life!

No comments: