Sunday, July 1, 2007

I am the eggman.

I painted my fingernails white. It's kind of freaky-looking, especially since I always prefer dark colours. I'm not even sure if I like it. I certainly like the oddness of it.

I'm back from the east coast--I got to see my dear friend Jill in NYC, which was crazy-amazing even if I could only see her for less than an hour--and back to work. My family's in Alabama until Wednesday...which means that I can play loud music at 2:30am and no one gives a shit. Hooray!

My aunt went batshit crazy over my beaded flowers; she said I could sell them for "thousands of dollars." Made me smile, even if I know they'd go for way less than that. I'm working on a third rose now, another red one. I finished the anemone and it turned out great, even if I'm not quite happy about the leaf colour. I'm surprisingly in love with the trillium I made...funny because I expected to hate it.

Pictures are on facebook, fwiw.

I can't decide what my favourite Beatles lyric is. It's something I've contemplated. Because, I mean, they wrote a lot of mind-blowingly great music with equally wonderful lyrics. But there are two lines that stand out to me. And they are:

"There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you were meant to be/It's easy/All you need is love"

and

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

Every Beatles fan loves that last line, I think. It's the last line of the last song (I will have you know that "Her Majesty" actually belongs between "Mean Mr Mustard" and "Polythene Pam"--seriously, try it) of the last album they recorded. And it's perfect. So I feel like a bit of a sheep, not eclectic enough? for loving that line. But...fifty gazillion Beatles fans can't be wrong, right? It is beautiful.

And the line from "All You Need Is Love" is something I constantly remind myself of, especially during the summer. I don't like summer. Hate it. I often find myself wishing I were back in Bloomington. But...there's nowhere you can be that isn't where you were meant to be. So I was meant to be right-here-right-now. I may not know why, but I'm here and I may as well enjoy it.

My brain is mush. Goodnight moon.

No comments: